Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Name Goremaniac

Well every wondered where the name Goremaniac came from ....

It all began in April 2004. I was working in ANSYS software. One of the hobbies or rather past time for everyone during lunch break was to finish lunch quickly, and then log on to miniclip.com and start playing those flash games.

One of the games was Runescape. I personally never tried it because from description at least i thought it was really confusing. My best friend Raghav however played it and said

"gore, try it man, it is nice and simple"

Well, I created a account called "akadubakadu". It's still alive. !!

Game’s starting point is Lumbridge town. Had no clue what was happening. Walked to the draynor village which lies to west of lumbridge. I was carrying all my stuff with me. Didn’t know how to use the bank exactly. So full loaded with all novice stuff, I went fishing for shrimps. After catching few and cooking them I was getting hang of it.

But nothing is so straight forward in life and also in virtual world. I was there, peacefully fishing, being called a terrorist by some Australia player when suddenly a fish came out from fishing spot and by net disappeared. I was stumped. Had no idea what had happened. When asked people how to get new net, they directed me to Catherby, a members playing area for buying new net. Disappointed I decided to chop some trees and level up my wood cutting. Guess what, tree spirit appeared and killed me.

I was back in lumbridge with only 3 things. Don't remember what those things where, but one was wooden shield. I again made my way to draynor village. This time made my way straight to the bank. However, in between lays a prison. And those prison guards are pretty aggressive. I think I walked pass their fence and they attacked me. I ran foolishly ran inside the fence, and two more attacked me. I was surrounded, however only one can attack at a time in that area. I again died not knowing what mistake I made or why the guards attacked me and not the other players.

So back in Lumbridge, I made a note of not going to draynor again and instead I went north. After crossing the bridge and not being allowed into Al-Kharid, I went straight north. But as usual, my adventure spirit got better of me and diverted from main road and took path from behind the champion's guild. I arrived at the mining area besides the champion’s guild and started mining. All of sudden I was attacked by some character. I thought, why is a player attacking me !!!

All other players around me started shouting
"run noob run !!!"

Well being a noob, I didn’t understand that they where addressing me :D

Well I died.

And that was too much for me. Died thrice in 1 hour. I was furious and wanted to take revenge on the theif who killed me!!! It was actually a non playable character of the game that attacked me.

I had to think of some new name, something reflecting some part of my name. And I came up with Goremaniac. As u might have guess, Gore is my surname.

That's how the characted Goremaniac came to be. And I took my revenge. When I was strong enough, I killed that NPC thief 25 times. And still when I pass via that area, I make it a point to kill it atleast once. :D

Akadubakdu is still alive. I play using that character sometimes. Almost lvl 12 now. Now I think he will be able to get his revenge.

- Goremaniac



General Post Ring - New Post
General Post Ring - Old Post

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You see, blogs are wonderous things. You get to find out so many things you didn't know previously.

Amazing the people you meet, aye Gore? :)